Message from Ocean Mesa RV Park and Campground:
We are happy to announce that Ocean Mesa is now open and ready to welcome RV camping back to the Gaviota Coast! As we continue to navigate through the COVID-19 crisis, please note that we have altered some of our policies and guidelines so that we can maintain the highest standards of safety possible for our guests and staff. As a result, our tent camping sites will remain closed until further notice. Please call for reservations. We look forward to seeing you at Ocean Mesa this summer!
With that in mind, and with the utmost caution for the wellbeing of our staff and guests, El Capitan Canyon and Ocean Mesa Campground are taking extraordinary measures to keep everyone as safe as possible. Some of the measures we are taking include:
1. Significantly ramping up our already vigorous housekeeping standards.
2. Increasing the frequency of our routine cleaning and sanitizing of all common areas including the restrooms, lobby, and the market.
3. We have introduced a new curbside check-in process that enables guests to check-in without ever leaving their vehicle and then head directly to their site.
4. We are accepting a reduced number of RV site reservations. Tent site camping remains closed.
5. We have suspended access to the pool area, playground, and rented game equipment.
6. Implemented social spacing guidance throughout the resort.
7. The Market remains open with all County spacing guidelines and admittance requirements fully implemented. Masks are required when entering the Market.
The enjoyment of nature by our guests and the safety of everyone who visits El Capitan Canyon and Ocean Mesa have always been our top priority. We will continue to monitor the situation by staying in close contact with the Santa Barbara County Public Health Department, California Department of Public Health, and the CDC. We will continue to make informed decisions based on best practices and factual updates from trusted sources.
Here at El Capitan Canyon and Ocean Mesa Campground, we have always been dedicated to providing an opportunity for our guests to relax and unwind in the remarkable beauty of the nature that surrounds us. Our commitment has not wavered. Perhaps now, more than ever, nature can provide an important and much needed respite. Please don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions. We stand firm in our belief that we’ll all get through this together, and we will continue to monitor the situation and update our policies accordingly. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Thank you for your support,
The Ocean Mesa Team!